Sometimes it happens that the Android apps/games we wanted to install simply returns an error that the application is not compatible with your device. But, if you want to download and install the app regardless of compatibility then here is a method to install the incompatible Android apps/games from Play Store, its a simple method that will change the ro.product.model ID hence will trick the Play Store in allowing you to download it. Full steps are below.
How to Install Incompatible Apps from Google Play Store [Download Incompatible Apps/Games]
- You must have a rooted mobile phone or tablet.
- File manager: ES File Explorer/ rootexplorer – free root explorer.
- On your Android Phone/Tablet go to Settings –> Applications –> Manage Applications –> All –> Market/Play Store –> Clear Data
- Now launch the Filemanager/root explorer/Super Manager then go to Settings –> Enable Root function and mount File system.
- Now browse to /system folder and tap to open build.prop, you can backup this file by copying elsewhere and renaming it as we will be changing it.
- Now edit the build.pop
- Change the following lines to make your device compatible with Play Store for the desired app.
for eg: changing the product model to Nexus S will trick the Play Store that you device indeed is Nexus S and you will be able to download and install the incompatible stuff.
ro.product.model = Nexus S
ro.product.manufacturer = samsung