The latest Android 4.1 jelly beans OS has been ported to Samsung Galaxy S3, thanks to the xda member Faryaab who ported the Android 4.1 firmware for Galaxy S3 from the Galaxy Nexus Jelly Beans firmware, and as this is the first custom ROM for S3, not all things are working but you can install and experience the things to come. The list of things that work and that do not work are provided below.
Android 4.1 Jelly Beans Firmware: Working things
- Hardware Acceleration
- Notification LED
- Cellular Rado (But No Audio so no Calls)
- Physical Buttons
Android 4.1 Jelly Beans Firmware: Not Working things
Download the firmware : Direct download link
Installation at owners risk, though you can easily revert back to official ICS firmware if anything goes wrong.
How to install Android 4.1 Jelly Beans on Samsung Galaxy S3
- Download the 4.1 firmware from the link given above
- Copy the .zip file of the ROM into the root your internal SD card
- Turn off Galaxy S3
- Get into recovery
- Wipe data/factory reset, Cache, Dalvik Cache
- Flash the firmware by selecting the file
- Wait for restart
Enjoy the Latest Android 4.1 Jelly Beans OS.