Recently Amazon released a new firmware update 6.2.1 for the Kindle fire which blocked all previous methods of rooting the Kindle Fire, so if you are on software version 6.2.1 and want to root, there is new method available now courtesy of XDA forums members. Its simple and works with other software versions of Kindle Fire too. Download the necessary files for rooting from below.
How to Root Kindle Fire 6.2.1 software
- Download Kindle Fire Root App – link
- Install the App and tap on “Root”
- Using your Windows PC, go to command prompt and type “adb root”
- Download the superuser app and unzip it
- Now in the command prompt type
adb push su /system/xbin/su
adb shell chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
adb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
adb install com.noshufou.android.su-1.apk
Congrats, you have successfully rooted your Kindle Fire.
You can also Unroot the Kindle Fire by running the app and tapping on Unroot.
Kindle Fire Root Video – original XDA Thread